Updated: Dec 29, 2020
Laura our corporate health coach has designed a happy mood-boosting snack that's also gut-friendly too!
Laura's cookie recipe has a crunchy crumb and chewy middle. Since stress eating is rooted in immediacy and convenience, make a big batch and enjoy in moderation!
A HAPPY SNACK Makes 25
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup mixed seeds – sesame pumpkin sunflower
1 cup toasted buckwheat
½ cup desiccated coconut –unsweetened
5 tbsp. olive oil
5 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tsp. ground ginger
2 over-ripe bananas
½ tsp. allspice
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 satsuma – grated zest only
3 cardamom pods – seeds only
2 egg whites
1 tbsp. Miso
1 tablespoon seaweed - flakes
1 tsp. Black pepper
1 tsp. paprika or chilli powder
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) gas mark 4 and line 2 baking trays.
2. Tip the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir well to mix evenly.
3. In a separate bowl or blender, blitz the wet ingredients then add either Sweet or Savoury options – and blitz again till smooth and frothy.
4. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir till thoroughly combined.
5. Take 2 tablespoons of mixture and squeeze to form into a ball, flatten into a patty and place on a tray. Repeat until all of the mixtures is used.
6. Place trays into the oven and bake for 15 mins. Remove from oven turn over and return to oven for 15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven. While warm press a single nut, chocolate chunk or piece of dried fruit onto each cookie. Allow cooling completely before storing in an airtight container.
TIP: Feel free to experiment with the ratios of dry ingredients for your perfect blend (1 cup is roughly equivalent to 90 grams)
Laura is our corporate health coach and healthy trained chef and has worked in fast-paced workplaces so she understands the challenges of balancing healthy eating with busy schedules. Her interactive talks and workshops combine healthy recipes with practical tips. To book a corporate workshop please contact us.